Post engg. I was in dilemma..what to do..because job scene was not so good at that time..year 2002…my parents wanted me to go for preparation of UPSC to New Delhi…but I didn’t…so finally I turned out to be the winner and went to Mumbai in search of job and in parallel to start preparing for MBA entrance…those days…I must say..were very horrifying…
I was working in domestic gas supplier company in Mumbai…and the job profile required me to travel to different places and spend the whole day anywhere on busy traffic road…I remember the days when I was standing for the day in scorching & humid heat of Mumbai…on the roadside..full with traffic and pollution level very high…traveling to remote places in thane..such remote that if osama decides to hide in such places Bush will never ever think of following him in those remote areas…these were the days when I learnt how much difficult it is to EARN each and every small penny…perhaps this is the reason I always give so much importance to money…don’t like to keep someone else’s money with me…neither like anyone else playing around with my money…I confessed I have been targeted and criticized lot of time in my friend circle on this particular aspect…but that’s how I AM….it was getting too much tougher for me to hold on that kind of job…so finally I decided to give my best shot at CET…and left the job…packed by bags..and left Mumbai…deciding I will not ever return to Mumbai now…if I don’t succeed in CET…will stay at hometown only and will start preparing for other exams..like banking..etc. it was tough decision to make as CET date was just 2 weeks later. finally I scored good enough…initially got into sydenham…as JBIMS’s next round was not yet declared…along with me my buddy toshant also joined…this is where once I came across a memorable moment…the day when we (me and tosh) got into JBIMS and the moment when I told him about this..the way he enjoyed that moment…the way he jumped up with joy at churchgate…is the one which I will hardly forget.
From here started the journey for both of us…a great professional journey I must say…learning management skills from some of the finest brains in the country…he in marketing and me in finance. these 2 years has changed a lot…the time we spent with all hostilities while preparing for exams…preparing for placements…both summer as well as executive…and ofcourse how can I forget the time spent at Marine Drive…Nariman point…Marine drive was just a stone’s throw distance from our hostel…now after 2 years leaving this site all those days seemed to be the best dream I have ever seen…with my eyes wide open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment